Webinars On Demand: Navigating AISC 360-16 HSS Connection Design: Limit State Tables
$0.00 – $50.00
Chapter K underwent a significant change in the 2016 Specification. This presentation will provide the background for the changes and an overview of the updates, as well as illustrate that the differences are not as extreme as they appear at first glance. During the presentation, we will review the Limit State Tables developed by STI as a “roadmap” for navigating the new specification.
Learning objectives include:
- AISC 360-16 Chapter K looks drastically different from 360-10. The prescriptive nature of Chapter K has been changed to closer match the rest of the specification.
- The limits of applicability and variables have been consolidated and some have changed. We will review the reasons behind these changes.
- Consideration for connections at the end of members has been added.
- Connecting to the face of a rectangular HSS is similar to connecting to the web of a WF member. Therefore, the equations formerly in Chapter K can still be derived by using Chapter J.
Professional Development Hours
You can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI) by purchasing and passing a quiz. Select from one of the quiz options above.
- After watching the video you will need to complete a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
- Upon correctly answering 7 out of the 10 questions, your PDH certificate will be issued within 5 business days.
- If you are licensed in Florida, Maryland, New York, and/or North Carolina please email your license number(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar on Demand Fees
The recorded webinar video is free to view. The PDH quiz is available for $50. You will receive access to the webinar and/or quiz in your order receipt. You may also access them through your account in Past Orders after you have completed your purchase.
Webinar Only, Webinar and Quiz, Quiz Only