Webinars On Demand: Fire Protection of HSS
$0.00 – $50.00
HSS columns are very popular for certain types of buildings, and often they are left exposed in the final condition. What are different ways to achieve a fire rating for these members? This webinar will discuss different ways HSS columns can be fireproofed, both externally and internally. It will also go into which factors affect the fire resistance of an HSS column and how some of the equations and tables were derived.
Learning objectives include:
- What are the effects of fire on steel in general and at what temperature is an HSS section affected?
- What is the required resistance time and what are the methods that can be used to achieve this?
- What are the equations needed to calculate the fire resistance of an HSS?
- How concrete filled HSS provides an aesthetically pleasing answer to HSS fire resistance and how this resistance can be calculated.
Professional Development Hours
You can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI) by purchasing and passing a quiz. Select from one of the quiz options above.
- After watching the video you will need to complete a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
- Upon correctly answering 7 out of the 10 questions, your PDH certificate will be issued within 5 business days.
- If you are licensed in Florida, Maryland, New York, and/or North Carolina please email your license number(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar on Demand Fees
The recorded webinar video is free to view. The PDH quiz is available for $50. You will receive access to the webinar and/or quiz in your order receipt. You may also access them through your account in Past Orders after you have completed your purchase.
Webinar Only, Webinar and Quiz, Quiz Only