Webinars On Demand: What Your Fabricator Wishes You Knew About HSS
$0.00 – $50.00
There is a common misconception that structures using hollow structural sections (HSS) are more expensive than those comprised primarily of open sections even though HSS sections are often more geometrically economical – mainly due to the difference in cost on a unit weight basis. HSS member design and connections have a significant influence on the total fabricated cost of a structure. The Steel Tube Institute has conducted surveys and focus groups with fabricators to learn how to reduce the costs of HSS connections. Attendees of this presentation will learn which details work (and which don’t); what you need to know about HSS in AESS applications; tolerances and how to detail for them; and relative costs of HSS fabrication.
Learning objectives include:
- the relative cost differences of WF beam to HSS column shear connections.
- the relative costs of WF beam to HSS column moment connections.
- how to best specify cost efficient HSS trusses.
- how the weld seam should be handled in an AESS application.
Professional Development Hours
You can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI) by purchasing and passing a quiz. Select from one of the quiz options above.
- After watching the video you will need to complete a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
- Upon correctly answering 7 out of the 10 questions, your PDH certificate will be issued within 5 business days.
- If you are licensed in Florida, Maryland, New York, and/or North Carolina please email your license number(s) to email@example.com.
Webinar on Demand Fees
The recorded webinar video is free to view. The PDH quiz is available for $50. You will receive access to the webinar and/or quiz in your order receipt. You may also access them through your account in Past Orders after you have completed your purchase.
Webinar Only, Webinar and Quiz, Quiz Only