Webinars On Demand: STI: Your Resource for Designing with HSS
$0.00 – $50.00
With superior utility and versatility, the advantages of building with steel Hollow Structural Sections (HSS) are limitless. But, to paraphrase a popular saying, with great opportunity comes great responsibility. How can the practicing design professional ensure that all the requirements for bringing an HSS project to life will be met? Let STI be your resource throughout the stages of designing with HSS – from sourcing tubes, to navigating AISC 360-16 limit states, to designing connections, and more. This free webinar will present practical design examples that journey through the many benefits that STI provides, including HSS Design Manuals, limit state tables, and HSS Connex.
Learning objectives include:
- Understand the HSS design requirements in AISC 360-16
- Complete design examples from the HSS Design Guides
- Review a “shortcut” to deciphering limit states using the STI limit state tables
- Verify tube wall thickness adequacy using STI’s HSS Connex software
Professional Development Hours
You can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI) by purchasing and passing a quiz. Select from one of the quiz options above.
- After watching the video you will need to complete a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
- Upon correctly answering 7 out of the 10 questions, your PDH certificate will be issued within 5 business days.
- If you are licensed in Florida, Maryland, New York, and/or North Carolina please email your license number(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar on Demand Fees
The recorded webinar video is free to view. The PDH quiz is available for $50. You will receive access to the webinar and/or quiz in your order receipt. You may also access them through your account in Past Orders after you have completed your purchase.
Webinar Only, Webinar and Quiz, Quiz Only