Webinars On Demand: HSS Splices
$0.00 – $50.00
Due to transportation limits and construction constraints, a splice connection, whether for a multi-tier column or a long-span member like a truss, is frequently a requirement in steel construction. Bolting directly into the walls of the member, as we would typically do for a WF splice, is difficult with regular high-strength bolts due to the closed shape of the HSS. While splice connections of open members are discussed in many resources, examples of HSS splices are limited. This webinar will explore several HSS splice designs and fabrication requirements.
Learning objectives include:
- The requirements for a splice connection.
- Examples of HSS splice connections and their economic considerations.
- Options that include proprietary materials.
Professional Development Hours
You can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI) by purchasing and passing a quiz. Select from one of the quiz options from the options above.
- After watching the video you will need to complete a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
- Upon correctly answering 7 out of the 10 questions, your PDH certificate will be issued within 5 business days.
- If you are licensed in Florida, Maryland, New York, and/or North Carolina please email your license number(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar on Demand Fees
The recorded webinar video is free to view. The PDH quiz is available for $50. You will receive access to the webinar and/or quiz in your order receipt. You may also access them through your account in Past Orders after you have completed your purchase.
Webinar Only, Webinar and Quiz, Quiz Only