Webinars On Demand: How HSS Fit in a Seismic Force Resisting System (SFRS)
$0.00 – $50.00
Engineers often have an interest in using hollow structural sections (HSS) in the design of buildings in seismic regions due to their beneficial properties, but do not necessarily know how to best utilize them. Gaining an understanding of where HSS can fit into the seismic design world and how to properly connect them for seismic loads will facilitate their use in future projects. This will be accomplished through an overview of the current state of seismic connections with HSS, consideration of HSS braced frame connections, and discussion of rigid wide flange beam connections to HSS columns.
Learning objectives include:
- Qualify the potential advantages of HSS.
- Consider the general requirements for use of HSS in seismic systems.
- Understand how HSS are used in seismic braced frames and how this influences their connections.
- Identify the current prequalified moment connections for seismic systems utilizing HSS members.
Professional Development Hours
You can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI) by purchasing and passing a quiz. Select from one of the quiz options above.
- After watching the video you will need to complete a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
- Upon correctly answering 7 out of the 10 questions, your PDH certificate will be issued within 5 business days.
- If you are licensed in Florida, Maryland, New York, and/or North Carolina please email your license number(s) to email@example.com.
Webinar on Demand Fees
The recorded webinar video is free to view. The PDH quiz is available for $50. You will receive access to the webinar and/or quiz in your order receipt. You may also access them through your account in Past Orders after you have completed your purchase.
Webinar Only, Webinar and Quiz, Quiz Only