Webinars On Demand: Curved HSS Members
$0.00 – $50.00
Curved hollow structural sections (HSS) are used widely in the construction industry. Distortion caused by curving operations (initial distortion) limits the curvature radius that can be achieved. This distortion can affect the strength of members. In this webinar, these topics will be further explored, along with practical advice for when specifying curved members and how to design them such that desired aesthetic and structural results are achieved.
This webinar’s learning objectives include:
- Exploring the various bending processes.
- Investigating the causes of initial distortion.
- Discussing tolerances so realistic expectations can be set up front.
- Examining the effect of initial distortion on strength of a member.
Professional Development Hours
You can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI) by purchasing and passing a quiz. Select from one of the quiz options above.
- After watching the video you will need to complete a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
- Upon correctly answering 7 out of the 10 questions, your PDH certificate will be issued within 5 business days.
- If you are licensed in Florida, Maryland, New York, and/or North Carolina please email your license number(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar on Demand Fees
The recorded webinar video is free to view. The PDH quiz is available for $50. You will receive access to the webinar and/or quiz in your order receipt. You may also access them through your account in Past Orders after you have completed your purchase.
Webinar Only, Webinar and Quiz, Quiz Only