Webinars On Demand: AESS Considerations Exposed
$0.00 – $50.00
Architecturally exposed structural steel (AESS) performs the dual purpose of providing support to a structure and looking darn good while doing it. HSS members are frequently chosen for AESS due to their aesthetic appearance. This webinar will discuss the special requirements and treatment needed to ensure that HSS meet the intent for function and form. Also discussed will be the STI Tolerance Brochure, which STI has developed as a guide for measuring HSS tolerances.
Learning objectives include:
- Identify corrosion prevention techniques for HSS
- Explore special considerations for curved members
- Investigate a few ways to hide HSS connections in plain sight
- Describe code tolerances and requirements for HSS members to aid in specification and drawing development
Program level: Intermediate
Prerequisite knowledge: Basic awareness of steel HSS members
Professional Development Hours
You can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI) by purchasing and passing a quiz. Select from one of the quiz options above.
- After watching the video you will need to complete a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
- Upon correctly answering 7 out of the 10 questions, your PDH certificate will be issued within 5 business days.
- If you are licensed in Florida, Maryland, New York, and/or North Carolina please email your license number(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar on Demand Fees
The recorded webinar video is free to view. The PDH quiz is available for $50. You will receive access to the webinar and/or quiz in your order receipt. You may also access them through your account in Past Orders after you have completed your purchase.
Webinar Only, Webinar and Quiz, Quiz Only