October 2020 Webinar | HSS Splices
$95.00 – $300.00
Title: HSS Splices
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. CDT
Due to transportation limits and construction constraints, a splice connection, whether for a multi-tier column or a long-span member like a truss, is frequently a requirement in steel construction. Bolting directly into the walls of the member, as we would typically do for a WF splice, is difficult with regular high-strength bolts due to the closed shape of the HSS. While splice connections of open members are discussed in many resources, examples of HSS splices are limited. This webinar will explore several HSS splice designs and fabrication requirements.
Learning objectives include:
- The requirements for a splice connection.
- Examples of HSS splice connections and their economic considerations.
- Options that include proprietary materials.
Professional Development Hours
Each participant can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI). To receive a PDH certificate from STI, either for an individual or anybody in the group/site, you are required to complete the poll at the completion of the webinar.
Any participant that is licensed in Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, and/or New York is required to complete a quiz and submit your license number(s) for your PDH. The link will be emailed to the registrant at the conclusion of the webinar and must be completed within 24 hours of the conclusion of the webinar. If you are a site registration, the registrant will need to send this link to any participant that is licensed in any of these four states.
Site registrants will also need to complete and return an attendee form to confirm attendance. This form will be included in your confirmation email from GoToWebinar. Once completed, the form shall be emailed to email@example.com within 24 hours after the completion of the webinar.
Registration is $95 per person for individual and $300 for site registration.
- An individual registration will provide a unique link for one login. Registrant is eligible for one PDH certificate provided the poll is completed at the conclusion of the webinar.
- Site registration provides one link for login, allowing multiple people to view the webinar in one room. Multiple PDH certificates may be issued provided the poll is completed by the registration at the completion of the webinar and the attendee form is completed and returned within 24 hours of the webinar conclusion.
Click here to become a member for just $125 and receive 6 webinars and a FREE Volume 1 of our HSS Design Manual.