May 2021 Webinar | Advantages of Closed Sections in Torsion and Compression
$95.00 – $300.00
Title: Advantages of Closed Sections in Torsion and Compression
Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. CDT
If you’ve ever tried to calculate the torsional capacity of a wide flange or similar open shape, you know it can lead to major headaches. Not only is it much easier to calculate the torsional capacity of round or rectangular shapes, they also have much greater capacity than their open section counterparts.
Learning objectives include:
- Gain a better understanding of torsional stresses
- Learn about design and connection of torsional members
- Know the advantages of closed sections versus open sections for torsion and compression
- Recognize weight-to-strength and cost-to-strength ratios for closed versus open sections
Professional Development Hours
Each participant can earn 1.0 PDH and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI). To receive a PDH certificate from STI, either for an individual or anybody in the group/site, you are required to complete the poll at the completion of the webinar.
Any participant that is licensed in Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, and/or New York is required to complete a quiz and submit your license number(s) for your PDH. The link will be emailed to the registrant at the conclusion of the webinar and must be completed within 24 hours of the conclusion of the webinar. If you are a site registration, the registrant will need to send this link to any participant that is licensed in any of these four states.
Site registrants will also need to complete and return an attendee form to confirm attendance. This form will be included in your confirmation email from GoToWebinar. Once completed, the form shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours after the completion of the webinar.
Registration is $95 per person for individual and $300 for site registration.
- An individual registration will provide a unique link for one login. Registrant is eligible for one PDH certificate provided the poll is completed at the conclusion of the webinar.
- Site registration provides one link for login, allowing multiple people to view the webinar in one room. Multiple PDH certificates may be issued provided the poll is completed by the registration at the completion of the webinar and the attendee form is completed and returned within 24 hours of the webinar conclusion.
Click here to become a member for just $125 and receive 6 webinars and a FREE Volume 1 of our HSS Design Manual.