December 2022 Webinar | Unique Considerations for HSS Design
$95.00 – $300.00
Title: Unique Considerations for HSS Design
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Time: 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. CST
Format: Live Webinar
Building one’s expertise in HSS design broadens the options in one’s design toolkit. For those looking to increase their HSS knowledge, this webinar will highlight several of the unique aspects of HSS design. These include yield-line application, fire rating, the Qf factor and HSS-specific connection checks.
- Recognize the design differences between wide-flange and HSS members
- Take advantage of HSS’s biaxial and torsional strengths
- Implement appropriate factors for fire rating and utilization
- Review basic theories dealing with yield lines and plastification
Professional Development Hours
Each participant can earn 1.0 PDH or 1.0 AIA LU and receive a certificate of completion from the Steel Tube Institute (STI). To receive a PDH or LU certificate from STI, either for an individual or anybody in the group/site, you must complete both poll questions and attend the entire webinar.
Any participant that holds a PE license in Florida, Maryland, New York and/or North Carolina is required to complete a quiz for your PDH. Architects should submit their AIA #, if any, to receive a LU. The link will be emailed to the registrant at the conclusion of the webinar and must be completed within 24 hours of the conclusion of the webinar. If you are a site registration, the registrant will need to send this link to any participant that is licensed in any of these four states.
Site registrants will also need to complete and return an attendee form to confirm attendance. This form will be included in your confirmation email from GoToWebinar. Once completed, the form shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours after the completion of the webinar.
Basic understanding of steel design. No prior experience specific to HSS design is necessary.
Registration is $95 per person for individual and $300 for site registration.
- An individual registration will provide a unique link for one login. Registrant is eligible for one PDH certificate provided you successfully complete the webinar (answer poll questions, attend webinar in its entirety, and take the quiz if licensed in Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, and/or New York).
- Site registration provides one link for login at a site location (i.e. the Chicago office), allowing multiple people to view the webinar in one room. Multiple PDH certificates may be issued provided the poll questions are completed by the registrant during the webinar and the attendee form is completed and returned within 24 hours of the webinar conclusion.
Click here to become an HSS Professional Member for just $125 to receive registration to live webinars ($475 value), discounted pricing on HSS Design Manuals 2-4, and more.
AIA CES Provider statement
The Steel Tube Institute is a registered provider of AIA-approved continuing education under Provider Number 50111160, expiration 12/31/2022. All registered AIA CES Providers must comply with the AIA Standards for Continuing Education Programs. Any questions or concerns about this provider or this learning program may be sent to AIA CES (email@example.com or (800) AIA 3837, Option 3).
This learning program is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA of any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
AIA continuing education credit has been reviewed and approved by AIA CES. Learners must complete the entire learning program to receive continuing education credit. AIA continuing education Learning Units earned upon completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available upon request.