The term Hollow Structural Sections (HSS) refers to high-strength welded steel tubing used as structural elements in buildings and other structures and a variety of manufactured products. It is produced in round, square and rectangular shapes and a broad range of sizes.
• Aesthetic appeal
• High strength-to-weight ratios
• Uniform strength
• Cost effectiveness and recyclability
Steel Tube Institute’s HSS (Hollow Structural Sections) Committee
• Largest collection of North American steel hollow structural sections (HSS) producers.
• Conducts targeted promotional activities designed to assure that HSS is the material of choice for construction and other structural applications.
• Develops and delivers technical and design aid information assisting architects, designers, engineers, fabricators and end-use manufacturers to utilize HSS more effectively.
• Builds strategic alliances with customer, distribution and supplier trade groups which have similar goals and objectives.
• Builds strategic alliances with the North American academic community to increase recognition of the benefits of HSS in construction and other structural applications.
• Collects and disseminates macro industry segment data.
Contact one of the HSS member companies to inquire about special product sizes, availability and delivery schedules.